June 25, 2020
- The regular membership meeting of Post 170 was called to order by the commander at 1900 hours with 15 members being present
- Colors were posted, the POW/MIA chair was draped, followed by the opening prayer from Chaplin Mallet, the Pledge of Allegiance and the Preamble of the American Legion was then recited.
- The roll call of officers was conducted with 1 officers being absent.
- The reading of the minutes of the last meetings from June 11, 2020 and executive/house meeting from June 23rd were read and approved.
- The finance report so far for May was presented.
- Membership reported we are at 101% renewal for 2020. One transfer member and two new members were presented and voted upon. Welcome to Post 170 James Foster, Matt Mueller, and Andrew Espinoca.
- The Honor Guard nothing to report.
- The report for sick call and relief nothing to report.
- Post Service Officer reported the 891st will be leaving Iola at 0700 on July 5th. We have 10 members of the Post being deployed. The Post will cover the dues for the current year of the members who will deploy. A few are life members we already cover.
- Chaplin Mallet had nothing to report.
- The 50/50 drawing was won by Larry Mallet and he donated his winnings to the 4th of July fund. Glenn Barnhart’s name was drawn for the attendance drawing of $70.00, as he wasn’t present the next drawing will be for $80.00.
- Meeting adjourned at 1925 hours after closing prayer by Chaplin Mallet and the retirement of the colors.
- Next Meeting July 11th at 1900 Hours
UPCOMING EVENTS: 7/3 – First Friday night dinner
7/4 – Fourth of July Fireworks
7/5 – Iola National Guard leaving for overseas Mob.
7/5 – SAL Breakfast & Past Commander Breakfast
7/31 – 8/2 – State Convention Topeka
FOR GOD AND COUNTRY!!!