January 23, 2020
• The regular membership meeting of Post 170 was called to order by the commander, at 1900 hours with 22 members being present
• Colors were posted, the POW/MIA chair was draped, followed by the opening prayer from Chaplin Mallet, the Pledge of Allegiance and the Preamble of the American Legion was than recited.
• The roll call of officers was conducted with two officers having an excused absent.
• The reading of the minutes of the last meetings and executive/house committees were read and approved.
• Membership report: We stand at 97% of our yearly membership goals. If you know of someone who should be a member or hasn’t renewed their dues have a talk with them.
• Wendell gave the Honor Guard report and stated two honors services are being held in the upcoming week
• Report for sick call and relief – Ronald Burghart had surgery and is doing better.
• The Service Officer gave his report – Cass gave an update on the use of the VA ID’s. Each base and Post may have a different policy so check with each before using. A spouse may not be allowed the same privileges.
• Chaplin Mallet gave a prayer for departed local veteran Eugene Koester.
• John Wood gave an update on his donation of a $50.00 steak house gift card for Jim’s Steak house.
• The 50/50 drawing was not conducted. Ronald Burghart’s name was drawn for the attendance drawing of $250.00, so next meeting the drawing will be for $10.00
• Upcoming events: Feb. 1 – 2 Mid-winter forum at Ft Scott
• Meeting adjourned at 1923 hours after closing prayer by Chaplin Mallet and the retirement of the colors.
• Next Meeting February 13th at 1900 hours