December 12, 2019
- The regular membership meeting of Post 170 was called to order by the commander, at 1900 hours with 27 members being present
- Colors were posted, the POW/MIA chair was draped, followed by the opening prayer from Chaplin Mallet, the Pledge of Allegiance and the Preamble of the American Legion was than recited.
- The roll call of officers was not conducted.
- The reading of the minutes of the last meetings and executive/house committees were read and approved with corrections.
- A vote was held and approved on new members, Briana Blandamer, and transfer member, Larry White.
- The finance report for November was read and approved.
- Sick call and relief report of Ken Cushman having some health issues. Ken is doing better.
- The Service Officer advised if you have a VA health card that it can be used to get onto the Military Post and Bases.
- Chaplin Mallet gave a prayer for 4 departed local veterans. Chester Cook, Kenneth Ogle, and Legion members Sherman Rutledge and Oren Patterson.
- Wendell thanked everyone who has helped with the meals being served. This takes a lot of work and time.
- The 50/50 drawing was won by Jeff Mitchell. Don Homewood’s name was drawn for the attendance drawing of $230.00, as he wasn’t present the next drawing will be for $230.00.
- Due to the Christmas holiday no second meeting will be held this month.
- Upcoming events: Dec. 14th – Post gift exchange
Dec. 17th – Post Christmas Dinner
Dec. 31st – Roaring 20’s New Years Eve Party
Jan 1st – New post entry cards will be issued
Feb. 1 – 2 Mid-winter forum at Ft Scott
- Meeting adjourned at 1930 hours after closing prayer by Chaplin Mallet and the retirement of the colors.
Archive of previous meeting. Click HERE